Missouri Advisory Committee on Arson Prevention
The Missouri Advisory Committee on Arson Prevention, MACAP, was first organized and chartered in 1983. Approximately 20 investigators representing law enforcement, fire service, Missouri State Fire Marshal, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and insurance representatives recognized the need to focus the attention of the public to the arson problem in Missouri.
This site is designed to meet your information needs on arson and the measures you can take to protect yourself. Funded by the Missouri Property Insurance Placement Facility, FAIR Plan Insurance, and direct contributions from insurers, our program of work includes:
- Foster cooperation from interested individuals and groups in combating the problem of arson.
- Education on control, detection and prosecution of arson.
- Review and react to new laws and legislative proposals regarding arson.
- Assist in creation of appropriate legislation concerning arson.
- Unite for mutual benefit those public officials and private persons engaged in the control of arson and related fields.
- Helping to develop better relationships and improved liaison between different agencies.
- To encourage high professional standards of conduct among fire and arson investigators.
- Working within communities to raise awareness of arson and arson prevention.
With financial support from the Missouri Property Insurance Placement Facility, FAIR Plan Insurance, an award fund of $5,000.00 annually was established. Also created was the Missouri Arson Tip Hotline 1-800-39-ARSON, which is answered by the by Missouri State Fire Marshal.
Nominees for consideration of an award from this fund are submitted by law enforcement or fire service members. A committee of three reviews and determines the amount of each award.
[catlist id=”3″ no_post_titles=”no”]